CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Endless Gas

It's a Brinkmann Pro Series 4400.

I bought it at the end of the 2006 summer closeout sale. Picked it up for $125. Didn't want to spend too much in case this little experiment didn't work. Looked for a natural gas grill, but after shopping around, the price was a little more than I wanted to spend. Searched the internet for some info on how to convert a propane grill to natural gas and presto ! I found this site. There are several other links on this page that have useful information on doing this.


WARNING: If you are not sure of what you are doing, Do Not attempt this.




The tricky part, after getting the natural gas line to the grill, is to drill out the jets to the proper size. It's pretty much hit and miss of drilling out the burner jets. I just matched up the drill bit with what the propane on was and jumped up 2 numbers at a time until I got the flame I wanted. I think I went to a 52 drill size.

Another word of caution here is don't drill it out to big.


I've had this working for about two years now and can honestly say that I grill out much more now that the days of checking if you have enough propane to grill out are gone. I still like to grill with charcoal during the lazy days of summer, but this is the next best thing if you don't have the extra time.

No comments: